America Recycles Day is November 15: WHERE TO GO TO THROW.
Grant Your Garbage New Life
Raw materials are becoming scarcer by the day. That is why now, more than ever, it is vital to reuse and recycle. On November 15, millions of people around the United States will take part in America Recycles Day to raise awareness about recycling or to purchase recycled products. Since 1960, the recycling rate has increased from 7 percent to a significant 32 percent today. The EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) reported a study that found recycling and reuses activities in the united states account for 681,000 jobs and 37.8 billion in wages.
The efforts of communities and businesses in the United States help drive the growth and success of this program. We encourage you to contribute by recycling not only on every annual America Recycles Day, but all year. We are Oakland’s largest construction and demolition recycling operation, and THE ONLY green waste recycling facility in the city. Keeping our cities and homes clean and green since 2009. Check with your local recycling provider to inquire which items they accept. (Here is the list of products we intake at both of our yards)
“Reasons to Recycle”
- Reduces the amount of waste sent to landfills and incinerators
- Conserves natural resources such as timber, water and minerals
- Increases economic security by tapping a domestic source of materials
- Prevents pollution by reducing the need to collect new raw materials
- Saves energy
- Supports American manufacturing and conserves valuable resources
- Helps create new well-paying jobs in the recycling and manufacturing industries in the United States