Milled at Bee Built in Portland, Oregon and offered in FSC® certified, clear (no knots) kiln-dried, western red cedar, Warre hives include two boxes to get you started.
Warre hive kits feature 7/8” boxes, rabbet joints, pre-drilled holes, and stainless steel screws for added strength and longevity. Sloped handles allow for improved rain run off and better grip when lifting. The precision milled, one piece top bars are unattached for compliance with most state and local beekeeping laws.
Warre boxes measure 13 1/2” wide by 13 1/2” long by 8 1/4” deep.
INCLUDES (ALL COMPONENTS PRE-DRILLED):
- Roof featuring shingled design and high pitch for optimal rain runoff
- Quilt box with canvas quilt
- 1 bag of shredded cedar to fill quilt box
- Extra canvas to go between quilt box and top bars
- 2 Warre boxes with windows and black walnut closures
- 16 one piece top bars with wedge comb guides
- Standard screened bottom with closable insert
- Solid feet to elevate the hive off the ground and improve stability
- Stainless steel screws
- Assembly diagram and instructions
- Drill or screwdriver
- Stapler (for attaching canvas to quilt box)
- Approximate assembly time: 60 minutes